I don't have many pictures from our last day and I don't know why. My picture-taking (with the real camera) has slowed quite a bit. I guess I have been snapping every second of their lives for over 5 years now so maybe it's OK? We went to the beach Wednesday morning but didn't last long. We were having fun building sand castles but everyone wanted to go to the pool instead. I didn't quite finish my sand kingdom. Maybe some day I'll get the chance. We we went swimming and Grandma even joined us for some of that. After the pool, we packed up and headed out in search of some lunch. Plans were for some good seafood (not that the kids would have cared much for that) but we ended up at an old Drug Store off the Strand. It was one of the top grilled cheese sandwiches of my life, for sure!! After lunch we walked to The Strand for one last trip to LaKing's (of course). I think Emily was a little tired ...
We had a little down time in the afternoon before heading down to the picnic area for s'mores. The girls had never experienced s'mores, or marshmallow roasting for that matter, so we thought it would be fun. Well, Emily doesn't eat chocolate so I ate her s'more. Megan decided she didn't like it so I ate her s'more. They had a great time roasting marshmallows, lots of marshmallows, all of which were given to me because nobody else likes them. After steering the kids away from filling me with 30 lbs of marshmallows, we played chase for a while and pretended to be crabs. It was a good last night on the Island.
We spent a little time in the pool the morning we left. We weren't in a huge hurry to get home since it was only Thursday and we still had the rest of the week off. We also wanted to get the kids a little fun in the sun time before locking them into the car for 5 hours.
Matthew wouldn't put on his swimsuit so he sat by the pool catching up on his Facebook, emails and tweets. Then, when he saw how much fun the girls were having, he decided it was time to take a dip so we had to go back up to the room to change. I think we checked out about one minute before check out time. Sometimes vacationing with kids can be just crazy and not really much of a vacation but we had so much fun, nobody wanted to leave.
On the road again!
This was actually our "Happy Birthday Uncle Coach!" picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment