Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Bubby is TWO!!!

It's amazing how time flies as you just get older and older. The kids grow up way too fast. I can't believe Matthew is already 2 years old. I can't believe it has been two years since I was pregnant.  I can't believe it has been two years since I had breakfast delivered to me in bed ... ahhh hospital days.  oh ... uh ... back to it. Matthew had his two year check up today and screamed bloody murder while the poor nurse was trying to take his measurements. He wouldn't get on the scale at all. Wouldn't sit. Wouldn't stand.  Wouldn't lay down. Wouldn't stop screaming. Silly kid!!  So we did the highly scientific weigh-us-both-then-weigh-me-alone-and-subtract method. Yeah, I wasn't planning to step on a scale today but what choice did I have?  He did great with the doc though and barely cried when he got his shot. He only had to get one so he was a lucky kid today. Tasted his first lollipop after the appointment and just didn't quite get it. Good. I don't need a two year old running around with lollipops in his mouth AND I got a lolli! 

Here are his measurements ...

Height:    36.3 inches (92%)
Weight:   29 lbs 2 oz (77%)
Head:      20.5 inches (>99%)

Overall healthy and looks good but not many words and none used regularly. Worried? Nah!




Here's Emmy when she was two and her measurements.
27 lbs 14 oz
35.5 inches tall
20 inch head



And Megan too!
30 lbs 15 oz
37.5 inches tall
20 inch head


I guess it's not too surprising that Megan was the biggest at two years old. They are/were all around the same though so I guess there's some proof to genetics. They are all going to be taller than me someday. Well, maybe not Emily. She may have more of me than James in her. Poor kid. Destined to be height-challenged.

No comments:

Post a Comment