It has been less than a month since I posted the first half of our Spring Break. Multiple posts in one month? Consider yourselves lucky! I had a hard time going through things trying to figure out where I left off but I think I figured it out. The old brain just doesn't work like is used to. Age? More likely the constant interruptions of "mommmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyy".
We spent our middle day at the "fair". The all new "Historic" Pleasure Pier. The history of the location is neat but it sounds like the pier doesn't handle hurricanes very well. From Wikipedia: "Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier is built 1,130 feet over the Gulf of Mexico, where the original Pleasure Pier stood from 1943 until it was destroyed by Hurricane Carla in 1961. More recently, it was the site of the Flagship, an over-the-water hotel built in 1965 that was demolished after Hurricane Ike in 2008." James and I have stayed at the Flagship and it was a neat concept but it was in such terrible shape when we stayed there (before we were married, I think) that Ike probably did the place a favor. It is expensive but well worth it for the fun the kids had. Even Matthew had a little fun in spite of his fever and, you know, lack of ride eligibility.
Kids Bumper Cars
The girls rode the bumper cars AT LEAST 10 times.
I had to ride this ride with Emily. She wasn't tall enough. Really? It is a car that goes around in circles and, frankly, my ass was way too big for the seat in the back. She was all upset she couldn't ride in the purple car (seen in the background) because I didn't fit in it. You would think a rainbow barbie jeep would be her first choice anyways!!
Tea Cups. I didn't have to ride with the girls but I wanted to. I LOVE the teacups. Besides, they wouldn't have been able to spin them around without my help, right?
A smile from Matthew!
I had to ride with Emily on the carousel too. Silly Pier people were sticklers for the height requirements. They measured my kids on every ride.
Face painting was not included in the price but they wanted it so they got it!
My beautiful pink butterfly!!
This is the frog ride that hopped up and down. I didn't have to ride this one with them but they wanted me to. It wasn't really made for kids my size.
My beautiful purple butterfly.
The sample was pink and it was the only one shown on the wall but my little Emmy hopped up in the chair and told the lady she wanted a PURPLE butterfly. Good thing the lady agreed. They would probably still be searching for her off the coast if Emily didn't get her way. ;-)
It really was a lot of fun and a beautiful day too. I think we will go back again next time we are down there. I'm not sure the girls would let us skip it but I had so much fun I don't want to skip it. It was crowded later in the afternoon with all walks of life clad in various beachy attire wandering around so get there early. I think the pier was a good addition to the Seawall.
No comments:
Post a Comment