Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The End of School is Near (queue screaming moms everywhere)

Each year, the kids' preschool does an end of year program with the 2-3 year old classes followed by a family fun night. The 4 year olds and Pre-K classes have their own Graduation ceremony closer to the end of the year so this year, only Emily did the Spring Program. We stayed afterwards and had hot dogs in the parking lot where a trackless train was giving rides, two bounce houses were set up and face painting was available for the kiddos. As usual, the kids had a blast. Next year we will remember to pack scooters and bikes (right, I think I said that last year). I don't have any pics from the after party but here are a few from the program.


Emily is in the frog class this year. That's a frog on her shirt. I don't think all her Frog friends wore their shirts but we jazzed Em's up with a purple tutu skirt and a purple princess headband. They sang some great songs and we were all laughing. Megan was sitting with us this year instead of performing and she was singing along. Loudly. I wonder what the recording sounds like for the people seated in front of us.  




Today (yes, I am posting same day. WOW!) Megan's class had an awesome end of year party. We totally scored with our room mom this year. She was awesome and I'm posting all these pictures to share just how completely awesome she is. She planned this all by herself, as far as I know. Tables set with a Luau theme with fancy pineapple cups and lots of MMs. They had pizza and KoolAid and cupcakes for dessert to celebrate one classmate's birthday. The cupcakes were awesome too --- his mom made chocolate/candy LEGOs to put on top of them as decoration. Genius! Nothing like getting great ideas from other moms. Maybe someday I'll be the one with the ideas. I should spend more time on Pinterest ... maybe I'll be Matthew's room mom some day.

The first table you see below is a "sand art" table. That was a lot of fun for the kids. They each got to make a jar or necklace of colorful sand art. Surprisingly it wasn't as messy as it sounds. We will probably do this at home this summer.



These are the games they played for prizes. The prizes were mostly donated, leftover Happy Meal toys. How smart is that? I had about 8 to send and it was quite obvious that other moms had just as many. It was awesome watching the kids dig through the buckets of crap and get so excited about a Transformer or Hello Kitty worth about 5 cents.

Frisbee tic tac toe and tossing balls in buckets.



This was Kelly's Angry Birds game. The kids absolutely LOVED this one. They got to knock over all the boxes with a basketball. After everyone had a turn in their rotation, the other games were all abandoned for this one.


And the funniest one? The toilet paper toss. It's a box, with a toilet seat on it, and they had to toss in a roll of TP. Megan's class is 11 boys and 3 girls so it was right up their alley.

Oh, and the prize for the toilet?
Tootsie Rolls.


My beautiful almost-kindergartner enjoying her lunch.



The Wolves anxiously awaiting instructions for the games.



Matthew was my little helper. He enjoyed some pizza and playing with the big kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment