Friday, May 3, 2013

A Day Out With Thomas: April 21, 2013

We have gone to see Thomas for the past few years and it's always a good time. Even the girls still love it! The train ride is getting more and more expensive and we might have to pay for Matthew next year. Luckily we had pretty good weather this year. It couldn't decide between cool and cloudy or sunny but at least it wasn't hot. Matthew's face was priceless when he first saw Thomas sitting on the tracks. He wasn't expecting it and he is definitely in a Thomas/Train phase right now. He was such a super trooper hanging out, waiting in lines and walking around the whole morning too. We didn't even bother with a stroller because he won't sit in them anymore. It would have been nice to have something to carry all our crap in but I switched from my purse to a backpack. Not cute but very practical. (Now I just need a cute backpack.)





James and the girls went into the petting zoo while I stayed outside with Matthew. We had to wait in quite a line to get in there and Matthew doesn't even like dogs so it was probably best that he was ready for a snack. He did enjoy watching his sisters and the animal from the other side of the fences though.



After the animals it was finally time for lunch. I packed some stuff for the kids but I LOVE fair/concession food. I always have. Maybe that's why I worked in one for a couple years in college (and gained about 50 lbs from nachos alone).  The girls love tearing apart funnel cakes. Emmy mostly licks the powdered sugar but Megan devours them. Geee, I wonder where she gets that?


They didn't have the bounce house or slide this year so that was a bummer. The girls even noticed it wasn't there this year but they didn't seem to mind. The bubble blower was probably a lot less expensive AND they had just as much fun chasing bubbles as they did sliding and bouncing (and waiting in line for it) last year.



Those are some awfully cute choo choos!

THOMAS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment