They wanted to go play so we went to play! Grabbed one of the sleds and headed to the park to see if we could slide down the small man made hill at the park. When I say small, I mean small. It was worth a try and if it didn't work I could just pull them across the ball fields in the sled and not look like to much of an idiot for trying to sled down a hump in the park. They had fun walking but the sidewalk was solid ice. I made them walk in the grassy parkway on the way. Their rain boots may be waterproof but they have no traction. No, they don't have snow boots. What the hell do we need snow boots for living up here? Their feet grow so fast they probably wouldn't even last the whole winter. (OK confession, I bought them some snow boots on Zulily a few days after the snow so I'm sure we will not have any more snow until 2017.)
Megan is my snow bunny and she loved it right from the beginning. It took us a while to convince Emily she needed to go down the hill. She looked like a natural on the sled but didn't really warm up to the idea very quickly. She had a lot of fun out there though (until she made a snow angel on the way home and got snow all over her and in her boots and mittens).
Our little hill actually worked pretty well. I even took a ride (no pics of that one, sorry) and it worked. I probably got a 40 yard slide out of it. It really isn't much of a hill but with a plastic sled and slippery snow, it was a blast. Maybe a little safer than the driveways and streets covered in ice that we slid down as kids, and absolutely not as much fun, but it definitely worked for the preschool set that didn't know any better. We were the ONLY people out there too. I found that fairly odd. It was the afternoon on the day after Christmas and it had warmed up considerably with very little wind so where the hell was everyone? We didn't pass anyone on our walk to the park and we didn't even hear anyone playing on the way either. A few cars drove by and they probably thought we were crazy. Hey, we were having fun. More fun than they were for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment