As usual, the month before Christmas is a busy time for us. This year, it was complicated by EVERYBODY getting sick at one time or another. What a nightmare the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas were this year. I'm pretty sure I was sick from Halloween until mid-December and the girls each missed a couple days of school. We had to reschedule our trip to visit Santa and the Trains at Northpark because Matthew was sick. No worries though, we made it and were all well enough to attend the important stuff!! This year's Christmas Program at KDO was about the littlest angel and how she got her wings. It was a cute story. Megan's class, the Pre K Wolves, were the choir of angels and actually participated in the show on both Thursday and Friday since they attend school both days. Emily's class was in the Thursday program. She was a shepherd and rocked the frock for sure!!
Their next day back at school after the program was their Christmas parties. They chose to be "stinky twinkees" and wear the same outfits. The funny thing is the shirts are from last year and they still fit! I was very lucky that their parties were at different times this year. Megan's was first thing in the morning and Emily's was at lunch time. I had just about two hours between the parties. Last year, I spent so much time running back and forth between the classrooms during their parties and I always felt bad when I left one kid alone while I went to see the other.
Megan painting ornaments. She did pretty good ... compared to some of her classmates. Not bad for the second youngest kid in the class!
Marshmallow snowman. Cute idea! I just wanted to eat it.
Emily waiting for her book exchange during her party. It's kind of a cute idea but they really just don't get it at this age. "what do you mean I have to pass presents around? Don't I get to keep them all?"
She was excited about her book. They like Goofy!
My four favorite people at the entrance to the Northpark trains. It's an annual thing and the trains don't change much but it is a great tradition and I love it. Matthew enjoyed it a little more this year. The kid is really into his trains.
My cuties all dressed and ready for Santa!!
Christmas Eve was cold but very sunny and we had been cooped up for a while with sick kids and rain so we bundled up and walked to the park. As you can see, Matthew is NOT a fan of the puffy coat or the hat. Actually, he hates them. Gotta do it, kid. Sorry! Maybe next winter he will wear some mittens.
Megan ... well, I'm not sure what she's doing ... just go with it.
Crazy Emily!
Welcome, what food do you want?
I included this picture just because James is in it and he's wearing a Santa hat at the park.
And Matthew looks super cute all bundled up.
No comments:
Post a Comment