Sunday, January 20, 2013

Emily is FOUR!!

I can't believe it has been 4 years since my little Emily surprised us with her early arrival. Looking back at her pictures from the NICU to find a good one to post brought back a flood of emotions that are still so raw. I know it all worked out just fine and she is a wonderfully normal, free-spirited, silly-hearted 4 year old but the fear of the unknown, what could have been, what other parents of preemies were going through at the same time is still so vivid. When she was born and during her time in the NICU we didn't share photos of her all hooked up to the tubes and monitors. It was difficult to deal with, let alone share with others. I decided to post here the first picture ever taken of my baby Emmy. This was taken at 11 pm, 3 hours after she was born, and about 8 hours after I initially went into labor at 30 weeks and 4 days. After my c-section, the rolled me down to the NICU in my bed so I could see her and that's when I snapped this pic with my Blackberry. She weighed in at a whopping 3 lbs 9 oz and was 16.73 inches long. 





What a difference a year makes!
21 lbs 8 oz
29" tall
She was in the 50-75th percentile for girls her actual age. Basically, she was bigger than half the one year olds, including those who were born when they were supposed to be.



And here she is at two years old. We were quickly learning that the dramatic entrance was only the beginning for this little one. Oh the drama that is to come.
27 lbs 14 oz
35.5" tall
She actually shot up to 90th percentile in height while staying 50-75th percentile in weight. Tall and skinny but look at those chunky cheeks!!



Funny, I don't really have an actual 3rd birthday picture. The pics from the party didn't come out great, for whatever reason, so this is what I have.  What a beautiful smile my little broken toothed three year old had!
32 lbs 4 oz
38" tall
She started to even out a little again staying 50-75th percentile in weight and 75th in height.
Probably because she decided to stop drinking and eating all milk products and shifted her focus to peanut butter and chicken nuggets.



So now she is four! I couldn't get a good pic of her without Megan but that's OK because they're inseparable. She is all blinged up for her "Grandma Party" at home. Grammy and Grandma came over for lunch and cupcakes, which is why she's eating frosting off a spatula.


4 year well check isn't until March so I don't have her official stats yet but she's about 35 lbs and 40 inches tall.



No comments:

Post a Comment