Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A Starke September

 After Megan completed her first week of Kindergarten, we took the fam to GattiTown (or is it Gatti Land? I always forget.)  They had so much fun but the place is a real waste of money since our kids don't eat much they have to offer on the buffet. They sure have fun playing the games and riding the little rides, and you can't forget the crap they get to pick out with the tickets they earn. Secretly, I like Gatti's better than Chuck but Chuck is probably better for kids like ours.





Matthew was very upset he couldn't ride the bumper cars with Daddy and Megan. Emily was just as upset, as you can imagine, but wouldn't show her fit of tears for the camera.




We had a little rain and the kids had new umbrellas so we had to go stomp the puddles.




FINALLY ...
The littles had their first day of Preschool at St. Francis of Assisi.  Matthew posed for the pictures and was all smiles because he didn't know what was coming. He has been going in and out of that building his whole life but he had never been left there. Imagine the poor kid's surprise when I sat him down at a table and turned to leave. It was heartbreaking to see his face melt from smiles (he got to play with his very own PlayDoh!) to screaming tears of fear with feelings of abandonment.  Poor kid. He survived the day but started crying again when I picked him up. At least he was asleep when I got there so I know he was comfortable enough to nap. I should mention that their first day was Thursday, September 12th, and after 7 days of school (twice a week) he goes in with a smile and no longer cries. I think he's trying to be brave but is still a little sad but he doesn't let me know it. He wakes up all smiles when I pick him up and even nods his head when I ask if he had fun.  Emily has a few of her friends from last year in her class again this year and she was so excited to see them again. She walked up to Joel on the first day, all grins, and started tickling him. Oh my! My 4 year old has a little boyfriend. Lord help us when she gets older. And, yes, that really is what she wore on the first day of school, crown and all. 


To be fair, she got the crown from her teachers when she met them the previous Tuesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment