Friday, December 14, 2012

October Life - as normal as it gets!

The girls continued with Gymnastics. I have so much fun watching them learn new things. When Emily started almost one year ago, she couldn't even jump with both feet off the floor. Now, she is jumping off beams and landing on her feet. She is becoming increasingly more confident every week and is growing up to be such a big girl!! Don't get me wrong, she still has her moments and sometimes even refuses to go into class, but ultimately she doesn't want to quit. Megan is really picking it up. Her cartwheels are getting straighter and she is also gaining confidence. A year ago, she would go from one thing to the next, and wait for instruction from her coach. Now, pays attention and knows what she is supposed to do without too much prompting. Sometimes I wonder when she's going to "get it" and other times I am amazed at what they have my just-turned-5-year-old doing.
 



We also took a short dip into dance. Long enough for me to put a deposit down on recital costumes but short enough for me to lose said deposit. The girls were too busy and something had to give. Truth be told, the only reason I agreed to let them do dance AND gymnastics was because they both originally said they wanted to quit gym instead. I would rather they do gymnastics than dance - no recital costumes or shoes so it's a little less expensive!  Somehow, gymnastics seems more of a sport, even if you do dance for Miss Abby Lee!  ha ha!

 
 
One thing remains constant. Megan loves soccer and she loves her team. I think she excels more in the indoor arena, though I'm not sure why. It's always fun to watch her play and she improves with every game. It's like a little light flips on in her mind and she realizes what she should be doing on the field. Emily wasn't really all that in to soccer but she wants to play again in the Spring and is really anxious to start. Lucky for us, we don't start until February so she's still "on break" from her soccer work out. 

 
 
And then there's Halloween.  Megan wanted to be "Rapunzel Wedding" from Tangled Ever After, the short where Rapunzel and Eugine/Flinn get married. She said it for months and stuck with her costume, no matter what (and looked darn cute). Emily, on the other hand, wanted to be Merida with the green dress. She wore it once, to KDO Trunk or Treat, and I didn't even get a picture of it! The picture below is of her in the blue Merida dress headed to school for their Costume Parade and Halloween Party.  Megan is in her Rapunzel dress, complete with veil, flowers and ring!!



 
Which leads us all the way to the end of October and time for Trick or Treating!!  Emily has changed her mind, once again. I think she just likes to dress up and accessorize and it's just passe to wear the same costume twice. Who knows but I think we might be in trouble when that little girl REALLY starts caring about her wardrobe. She already has more shoes than I do.  Travesty.  Oh! And look who finally got a picture on this post!!  Our little train engineer!!  He wouldn't wear the hat or the bandanna so really he is just in overalls and a shirt. I stuck a train whistle in his back pocket to try to make the costume. After we walked the neighborhood begging for sugar, the girls wanted to pass out candy at our house so they set up shop on the steps. They were stingy with it to. I think they were keeping it for themselves.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment