Wednesday, December 12, 2012

October in Dallas = State Fair of Texas!

We are lucky to live in the DFW area where the great State Fair of Texas is every fall. It just means it is fall! Football, fried food, cooler weather (well, kind of) and taking out a second mortgage just to afford the food and rides at the fair. The girls absolutely LOVE going and get so excited every year. We kept Megan out of school on a Friday this year so we could go but the poor girl woke up with a fever so we stayed home. Lucky us, we were able to go on Sunday and the crowds weren't too terrible.
 
 



 
 
They are getting so big. Soon, they won't need us to ride the rides with them.
I'll just get to ride because I want to, not because I have to.

 
 
Matthew was so cute looking at the train display. James put him up on his shoulders and his jaw just dropped when the trains went by. It was so funny. He was just in awe and so excited!!

 
 
The stilt walker dressed as a tree. Megan just wanted to take a pic with him and thought he was really cool. Em wasn't so sure. We watched him sneak up on people and they would scream and run. Good times (and a little bit of air conditioning) before we headed to heart attack alley for some yummy fried food!




Our potty break took us into the car show building. The girls absolutely LOVED getting in and out of every car they passed. Megan even fastened her seat belt!

 

 
 
I am really glad we made it before Big Tex burned. He caught fire the following Friday. I would have been traumatized for life if I had witnessed that. Kinda like watching a puppy burn or something.
OK - well maybe not that bad - but still ...
Me and Big Tex, we go way back!


No comments:

Post a Comment